About the Position: Fort Gordon is approximately 139 miles east of Atlanta, GA; 80 miles southwest of Columbia, SC; 156 miles west of Charleston, SC; 175 miles southwest of Charlotte, NC; and 127 miles northwest of Savannah, Georgia. Fort Gordon's location is in the Augusta metropolitan area (also known as the Central Savannah River Area-CSRA) and is an easy drive to Atlanta, Savannah, Charleston, Charlotte, the beaches along the Atlantic Ocean, and the mountains.
Learn more about this agency
- Identify water priority pollutants, develops National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permits, Plans, and train installation staff on the agencies clean water act proper management.
- Research new and proposed regulation pertaining to water quality management.
- Review and Evaluate Engineering Construction documents and hydrology during the construction phase.
- Identify needs and develops Environmental Program Requirements (EPRs) for new projects and program requirements.
- Track program compliance with Executive Orders, Code of federal regulations, State regulations, and/ or local regulations. for water resources.
- Provide command briefings on the impacts of existing and upcoming Clean Water Act regulations, evaluating and developing recommendations to mitigate impacts.
- Communicate/interface with both internal/external stakeholders and regulatory agencies.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com