The Director of Sales for the Western United States will report directly to the President of SmartFlower Solar. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, excited by the opportunity to work for SmartFlower Solar, and have a proven track record in both Business to Consumer and Business to Business sales of high end products and services, preferably in the renewable energy segment.
• Plan – working with the Company’s leadership team to design the Company’s overall sales strategy, including identification of principal sales channels and determining sales quotas for Western United States
• Execute –overall responsibility for execution of the Company’s sales plan in all Western states of the United States including Hawaii
• Marketing – work closely with the Company’s marketing team to refine the Company’s marketing strategy for branding and lead generation.
• Motivate—overall responsibility for ensuring that members of sales channels in Western United States are properly motivated and incentivized to maximize performance
• Train—work closely with the Company’s Customer Service team to ensure proper training of members of sales channels in Western United States on an ongoing basis
• Manage– overall responsibility for preparation and presentation of sales projections, refinement of sales plan, review and management of members of sales channels (dealers, installation partners, sales representatives, and independent sales agents), periodic performance reporting and ongoing execution of CRM
• A Bachelor’s degree is required; a technical/engineering degree is highly desirable; an MBA or advanced graduate degree is also desirable
• A minimum of 5 years in both B to B and B to C sales management
• Strong existing business relationships with prospective dealers, distributors and sales representatives in the Western United States
• Comfortable dealing at “C” level and all levels of the organization
• Experience in negotiating and closing equipment and service contracts with 7 figure values
• A proven track record of sales success exceeding annual targets of >$1million
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Above average abilities with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and Salesforce
This position will be based in California within easy access to our customer base. Typical hours are 8:00AM -5:00PM although longer hours may be required with 50% travel required. SmartFlower Solar is a unique Renewable Energy company with exciting game-changing technology that is starting to grab a foothold in North America. This position offers a terrific opportunity to be part of a dynamic team who will value your ideas and contributions towards SmartFlower Solar’s success. Please see our website for additional details on the company: www.smartflowersolar.com
SmartFlower Solar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. SmartFlower Solar will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be provided.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com