About the Position: The Portland District administers one of the largest regulatory permitting programs within the Corps of Engineers, providing for the protection of waters of the United States, including federally delineated wetlands and navigable waters. The Portland District Regulatory Branch has jurisdiction over the state of Oregon, southern Washington ports and restoration projects in the Columbia River estuary funded by the Bonneville Power Administration.
Learn more about this agency
- You will administer and enforce the US Army Corps of Engineers Regulatory Program within an assigned geographic area in Portland District's area of responsibility.
- You will direct a program towards improving and enhancing the physical, biological and chemical integrity of the nation's water resources in Portland Districts geographic area of responsibility.
- You will assure compliance with the governing public laws and regulations, interagency agreements, policies of Corps Headquarters and the directives of the District Commander.
- You will assure public compliance with the Corps Regulatory Program within geographic area of responsibility in accordance with 33 CFR Parts 320-330.
- You will evaluate the effectiveness of public contact and interface with other agencies and recommend or initiate actions to assure continual improvement of the public perception of, and interaction with, the Corps Regulatory Program.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com