This position is part of the Lodi Fish and Wildlife Office. As a Fish Biologist you will be responsible for participating in multiple activities to support the conservation, restoration, protection, enhancement, and management of the Central Valley rivers and the San Francisco Estuary fishery resources.
Learn more about this agency
This announcement is being advertised concurrently under R8-19-10315013-NS-MP for current and former federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.
Major Duties include:
- Independently perform recurring, established projects using standard methods and techniques in order to identify and resolve environmental impacts and to provide technical advice.
- Plan the approach and collect data to carry out studies to assist higher grade biologists in conducting fisheries investigations of complex land and water development proposals to determine their effects on the distributions and abundance of anadromous fish and other fish and aquatic species.
- Provide technical assistance to other agencies, Service personnel, and the public on the conservation needs of Central Valley, Sacramento, and San Joaquin anadromous fish species.
- With more difficult assignments, assist a higher graded biologist in the development, coordination, and implementation of studies and plans to restore natural production of anadromous fish to meet Federal leadership responsibilities for the management of anadromous fish in the Central Valley rivers and the San Francisco Estuary.
- Analyze data and prepare reports, and prepare and deliver oral presentations, which include visual aids to technical and general audiences.
- Develop portions of the annual work plans and budgets, and performs large item procurement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com