Job Title: Water Conservation Coordinator
Are you ready for a career where you get to make a difference while working with a passionate team of people? Are you passionate about water conservation and sustainability?
The Utah Division of Water Resources is seeking a hardworking, creative, positive Water Conservation Coordinator to add to our team. The candidate will require both subject matter expertise and strong communication skills. The candidate will need to be able to complete tasks on their own and within a team setting. We are looking for someone who can creatively solve challenges, work collaboratively to break down barriers and help Utah become a national example of water conservation and sustainability.
Under the direction of leadership and the Water Efficiency, Education and Engagement Section Manager, the candidate will:
- Work collaboratively to create and implement water conservation strategies.
- Analyzes, summarizes and/or reviews data; reports findings, interprets results and/or makes recommendations.
- Communicate the division and state's water conservation vision to a variety of interests and groups.
- Partner with water providers to identify water saving opportunities.
- Represent the division on committees, forums, community events and other collaborative opportunities
- Assist with conservation vision and messaging
- Work with residents, businesses, local governments and other water users to implement best efficiency practices.
- Administer and evaluate existing, and create new, programs.
- Educate Utahns about the importance of water efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a positive attitude
- Has at least a B.S. in horticulture, environmental science, water conservation, natural resources or a related major (a graduate degree is preferred, but not required)
- Works well with others
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- Is goals driven
- Likes to be challenged, and likes to grow.
- Is a critical thinker
- Detail oriented
- Highly proficient in Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, and database technology.
- Proficiency in communicating with diverse groups of people with a variety of opinions.
- Ability to adapt to different demands, tasks, personalities and areas of focus on a regular basis
- Ability to use logic to analyze or identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions
- develop approaches for implementation of an idea, program or change in operations
- Ability to make a decision or solve a problem by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Ability to learn and retain applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures
- Ability to research methods, techniques, and/or sources of information
- Ability to deliver presentations or training using acceptable methods and techniques
- Ability to develop curriculum learning objectives, and/or course materials
- Ability to compose and produce reports, documents and related material
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally
Why You Should Join Our Team:The selected candidate has the opportunity to make a difference in the State of Utah. She/He will work with a talented team to reach challenging goals in a supportive environment. State employees enjoy insurance, retirement, vacation and sick leave benefits to help with long-range planning and work-life balance. This is a great opportunity to believe in what you do, enjoy what you do, be challenged to grow daily and make a difference.
To learn about working for the Department of Natural Resources please click here.