Carries out the day to day management of personnel or multiple operations to continually meet all Water Quality and/or Clean Water Act Requirements. Provides technical support on water quality, treatment, permitting, laboratory management, and regulatory compliance issues. Ensures that Company policy on water quality and related environmental matters are met.
- Assists local, State and Federal regulatory agencies during inspections. Responds (on-call) to Water Quality problems, taking appropriate corrective action including documentation to advise management. Ensures that customer complaints or inquiries are properly addressed to attempt to resolve any issues.
- Reports on problems and issues regarding Water Quality and standards by reviewing lab testing and operational reports.
- Assures that policies, programs, standards of performance and approved objectives related to water quality are adhered to.
- Assists in the procurement of treatment chemicals and manages receipt of chemical supplies to assure adequate supply along with monitoring equipment, chemical feeds, etc. to ensure standards are maintained. Assists with training of plant operating staff, field services and other water quality personnel in treatment practices and environmental initiatives.
- Supports water quality activities related to the Environmental Management Program to ensure compliance with SDWA/CWA regulations are continually met. Confirmation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual sampling plans are completed – With NYAW and Contracted Operators
- Plan, prepare and control the portion of the financial plan related to area of responsibility.
- Conduct special projects and prepare reports.
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong working knowledge of water and/or wastewater treatment processes.
- Thorough knowledge of water quality and environmental regulations affecting the business
Dealing Effectively with Direct Reports
Managing / Measuring Work
Experience / Education
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with major in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Environmental Science or equivalent other environmental area (Microbiology, Environmental Engineering, etc).
- Two (2) to four (4) years experience in water, and/or wastewater, and laboratory operations.
Must hold valid Driver’s License. Up to 5% of time for potential travel.
Licenses & Certifications
Have or ability to obtain a NYSDOH Grade IIB WT license.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com