Responsible for organizing advanced functions and activities related to environmental management and water quality for assigned facilities. Responsible for maintaining all applicable lab certifications, accreditations, or approvals to conduct compliance and process quality control work. Implements the day to day collection of water quality samples. Implements programs to ensure compliance with all water quality and environmental regulations. Assists in resolving treatment issues. Investigates water quality complaints and determines course of action needed.
- Manage monitoring and reporting programs to ensure compliance with federal and state water quality and environmental regulations and company standards for assigned facilities. Conduct advanced sampling and/or analysis and special projects.
- Obtain, prepare, file and maintain all regulatory reports and records. Manage required permits and make any necessary modifications and renewals. Participate in internal and external audits and represent American Water with regulators and customers. Identify potential issues and problems and initiate responsive actions and mitigate environmental violations
- Supervise, monitor, and calibrate analyzers/equipment, etc. to ensure established standards of performance and accuracy are maintained
- Conduct advanced projects and prepare reports as needed
- Investigate and respond to escalated water quality complaints or concerns. Responsible for planning, preparing and controlling the portion of the financial plan relating to responsibilities
Knowledge / Skills
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental standards and regulations and understanding of current environmental legislation and regulations.
- Regulatory knowledge of proper lab analytical testing methods.
- Must understand principles of water and/or wastewater treatment and be able to troubleshoot systems.
Functional / Technical Skills
Learning on the Fly
Experience / Education
- Minimum Five (5) years experience in water, wastewater, and laboratory operations.
- Bachelors degree.
Local and regional. Rare overnight travel may be required.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com