Langan has an immediate opening for an Environmental/Urban Planner for its growing Environmental Planning group in our New York City office. As a successful candidate, you must demonstrate knowledge of, and technical proficiency with, New York City’s Environmental Quality Review (CEQR) and Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP) processes, as well as National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) reviews. Typical technical work products include memoranda on reasonable worst case development scenarios, environmental assessment statements, environmental impact statement scopes of work, determinations of significance, environmental impact statements, statements of findings, and related documents. You must also be energetic, entrepreneurial, and professional. Strong communication skills are required.
- Overseeing technical procedures and work products;
- Providing oversight and leadership of junior planners;
- Performing quality assurance and quality control;
- Managing discrete project tasks and budgets;
- Developing scope and fee proposals;
- Managing financial aspects including billing and collections for projects,
- and coordinating project execution with other Langan disciplines, such as site/civil, geotechnical, traffic, and surveying.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental or Urban Planning, Master’s degree in Environmental or Urban Planning; equivalent professional experience may be considered if degrees are in other disciplines;
- AICP certification a plus;
- Possess 7 to 12 years of relevant CEQR/ULURP experience related to development projects in New York City;
- In depth knowledge of the CEQR process and regulations, the City’s land use review procedures, and the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA); familiarity with NEPA;
- Demonstrated significant experience with CEQR environmental assessment statements and environmental impact statements as well as experience with ULURP;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage time and set time expectations for staff to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Experience in proposal writing is desirable;
- GIS proficiency is a plus and,
- Willingness to explore and learn about Langan’s other land development disciplines including site/civil, geotechnical, environmental, surveying, and traffic/transportation.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com