West Virginia Rivers Coalition (WV Rivers) seeks an energetic, experienced manager with a passion for our mission to serve as our director of programs. The ideal candidate will have an educational and professional background that demonstrates success with program development and all facets of program administration. Candidates must be highly organized yet adaptable, and enthusiastic about joining a small statewide organization in a pivotal period of growth.
This is an excellent position for a self-starter interested in working in an organization that embraces an entrepreneurial spirit and values collaborative approaches to programs that make meaningful differences in peoples’ lives.
- At least five years of experience in program management, including aspects of personnel and financial management. Experience with remote supervision a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – including, effective persuasive communication to inspire action, diplomatic communication to foster trust and respect, and clear and direct communication to increase organizational efficiencies.
- Proven success in grant writing, administration and reporting.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, including experience in Excel budget worksheets.
- General comfort and confidence with working in technologies designed for remote working environments.
- West Virginia residency, with a preference for location in/near the Charleston area.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel outside of regular business hours as needed.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com