Our Environmental Project Manager jobs provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting and engaging large-scale site investigation and remediation projects. Each day, you will have the opportunity to utilize your planning and communication expertise to lead site characterization and remediation-related projects. This position will allow you to use your leadership experience to manage projects and lead a multi-discipline team. You should be a self-motivated professional with at least 7 years of industry experience and 2 years of task/project management experience; along with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or equivalent experience. As a Environmental Project Manager, you will spend a majority of your time in our Boston, Massachusetts office. This position cannot be performed from a remote location. This position is a great opportunity for a candidate that is eager and has strong communication skills with relevant task management or deputy project management experience.
- Self-starter willing to support more experienced Project Manager in all aspects of delivering technically challenging projects for major client accounts.
- Leads and manages the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
- Manage multiple projects and teams in a dynamic environment to meet aggressive and competing schedule demands.
- Lead and support safety planning, chartering and implementation in the field.
- Coordinate the planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, safety and organization of contractors, subcontractors and internal technical and support staff.
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance. Identify schedule and cost variances and develop and implement recommendations for corrective action.
- Communication and conflict management with internal project teams, other contractors and client teams.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and a team-oriented attitude.
- Acts as one of the company’s prime contacts with the client and is responsible for overall work progress and technical performance on the project.
- Works with project delivery leadership who provide oversight and mentoring. Supports the development of less experienced team members through active coaching and mentoring.
- Coordinate planning, permitting, design, field implementation, and reporting activities with staff, subcontractors, stakeholders, and clients.
- At least 7 years of experience with site investigation/remediation, and at least 2 years of directly related task/project management experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering, geology, hydrogeology, environmental science, or a closely related field.
- Successful candidate will have prior experience in project planning, design, and construction projects. A candidate who has, is working toward, or is willing to work toward regional State voluntary program licensures is preferred. Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com