A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a global consulting, engineering and construction management firm that provides technology-enabled solutions to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from concept to completion to help solve the toughest challenges.
TRC has more than 4,000 employees located in 120 offices throughout the United States, the UK and China. TRC is ranked #19 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
TRC is soliciting applications from highly motivated, qualified individuals to fill a Wetland Scientist/Staff Biologist position in our Lyndhurst, New Jersey or West Chester, Pennsylvania Offices. The Wetland Scientist/Staff Biologist position would have an emphasis in environmental planning and permitting for a variety of projects and clients in the areas of energy, utilities development, and transportation.
- The successful applicant will be involved in a wide variety of projects including electric generation and transmission and natural gas pipeline.
- Applicants must have the ability to conduct wetland delineations and technical writing of Wetland Delineation reports and functional assessments as well as diverse biological field work with minimal supervision and have familiarity with Trimble GPS and GIS.
- Experience performing environmental monitoring and SWPPP inspections for construction projects, interacting in the field with clients and other contractors, and managing budgets and schedules is a plus.
- The successful applicant will have experience in preparing and/or managing National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation. New York SEQRA, Article VII, and Article 10 experience is also desirable.
- Applicant should have knowledge and experience with Threatened and Endangered Species, Wetlands, Clean Waters Action 401/404, Endangered Species Act, Rivers and Harbors Act 10/408, state and local planning and zoning ordinances.
- Will act as staff member on preparing NEPA biological resource related documentation and technical studies. Work could also include project compliance management for quality control/assurance, budget and timeframe/milestone management, and proposal support.
- Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, botany, forestry, or related field. A Master's degree or additional advanced degree in one of the above or related fields is preferred.
- Have at least 3-5 years of relevant and associated body of work.
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) certification or the ability to obtain is a plus.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills are mandatory.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude during year-round field work.
- Demonstrated project success, supervisory experience, established credibility with local, state, and/or federal agencies and clients, and proposal success.
- Will have experience in conducting biological resource field surveys and the preparation of biological resource technical reports.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the State of New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, New York, and Pennsylvania threatened and endangered species and their natural communities and habitats.
- Understanding of GIS mapping and analysis in the context of biological resources studies.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to biological resources, including (but not limited to) the National Environmental Policy Act and Federal Endangered Species Act.
- General wildlife surveys and/or sensitive species protocol level wildlife surveys is a plus.
- Possess strong organizational and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Experience with consultation and coordination with federal and state agencies and Indian tribes.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record acceptable to TRC's insurance carrier.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package including a 401(k) plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com