Scope: The Volunteer Coordinator works with Chapter leaders and staff to develop and implement programs for volunteer identification and training to support various chapter activities, programs and office functions.
- Works with groups and chapter leaders to develop outreach programs to identify and recruit potential volunteers, match volunteers to their areas of interest, and increase volunteer participation.
- Maintains volunteer database and lists of volunteer openings and refers interested members to appropriate chapter committees and leaders.
- Assists with the operations of the chapter office, implementing office procedures and membership services.
- Writes newsletters and flyers to keep the Club membership and the general public informed.
- Trains, supervises and schedules volunteers on office systems and functions.
- Coordinates with coalition partners and outside interest groups to plan volunteer activities supporting the Club’s campaign objectives.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to Chapter Chair and Chapter Director.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as directed.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated public speaking ability.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and volunteers.
- 1 year general office experience.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com