Duties and Responsibilities
Works under limited supervision by the Design and Development Division, GIS Specialist and supports the Infrastructure Asset Management (IAM) Program in the areas of:
Source Interpretation & Accuracy Assessment;
• Positions will be responsible for, but not limited to; evaluation of GIS vector data deliverables from internal and external teams completing field data collection, asset inventory and condition assessment activities.
• Interpret legal agreement language and evaluate data deliverable for accuracy.
• Evaluate results from inspections against additional source datasets and record outliers for further review with team resources.
• Perform review and Quality Control of internal and external data deliverables for both GIS and non-GIS data deliverables.
• Performance of manual and automated Quality Control processes, including use of ArcGIS Data Reviewer and Infrastructure Asset Management Software reporting tools.
• Review and approve multiple deliverable formats (e.g., spatial geometries, business data tables, documentation) to ensure compliance with required specifications.
• Document quality issue details and work with team resources to resolve.
Post Processing & Data Analysis:
• Perform post processing and data finishing (e.g., snapping, image mensuration, data normalization) for field collected geospatial asset features.
• Data accuracy assessment through evaluation ortho imagery and elevation data sources.
• Perform data analysis and generate reports and supporting graphics to address specific program related business needs.
• Complete additional source analysis, data collection and data updates as necessary to meet requirements outlined in program business processes.
Assisting in other GIS and non-GIS related business activities such as other program related data compilation activities including;
• Ad-hoc geospatial data compilation and technical support.
• Support of business processes for completion of standard calculations of key data fields.
• Other duties as assigned; Other duties performed as required.
The candidates should be familiar with basic GIS principles and ESRI GIS software (version 10.x of ArcDesktop) preference for ArcGIS Pro experience; able to work independently; a self-starter, with an attention to detail and a quick learner. The position will join the Infrastructure Asset Management Program Team located at the Conservation Commission Headquarters, Jefferson City, MO.
Demonstrate technical proficiency in areas of responsibility.
Accept all responsibilities of the job and assigned tasks.
Be self-motivated, exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
Work in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships.
Be proficient in technical and administrative competencies.
Express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Keep accurate account of time and status of assigned tasks.
Sit for prolonged periods of time.
Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance.
Prospective employee must comply with 105.262 RSMO (HB600), which requires state employees to file and be current on payment of their state income tax.
Prospective employee must also be legally eligible to work for the State of Missouri
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com