The Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist is responsible for the implementation of EHS practices and standards for R&D locations in Minnesota. The EHS Specialist provides leadership and direction in the following areas: implementation of R&D EHS strategy, manage day to day activities, maintenance and continuous improvement of EHS management systems and programs, and shaping of the R&D EHS culture. It is expected that the person in this position will spend a significant portion of time at all facilities interacting with both employees and supervisory personnel.
This role is a specialist in EHS matters and will lead, share best practices, assist and advise not only the R&D team in Minneapolis, but share best practices with their peers in Cargill.
The EHS Specialist reports directly to the Global EHS Manager and a dot-line reporting relationship to the R&D Minneapolis Management Team.
30% - Coordinate the implementation of the R&D EHS management systems, policies, procedures, and work instructions.
20% - Ensures EHS data is entered in the corporate EHS management system. Facilitates investigation of incidents and corrective action follow up. Reviews data for trending, reports findings to local teams, manage local metrics.
20% - Supervise routine EHS compliance activities, by verifying compliance on paper and in the field. Obtain and maintain EHS records and required environmental permits, licenses and documents. Coordinates and assures appropriate contractor management activities.
10% - Executes the EHS training program for personnel.
10% - Coordinates EHS audit compliance and identifies and supports the implementation of required corrective actions.
5% - Monitors local EHS regulatory developments and implements appropriate responsive programs.
5% - Negotiates routine permit matters with regulators; liaison with Regional and BU EHS leadership.
• Technical Degree (EHS, mechanical, electrical, chemical, biological or similar)
• Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in EHS
• Experience in laboratory/pilot/industrial production/processing environment, or equivalent
• Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations (OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.)
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Leadership and influencing skills
• Certification in any Environment, Safety, Health (CSP, ASP, CIH, CHMM, etc.)
• Experience in developing and conducting employee safety training programs
• Environmental Management Systems
• Experience in construction and design safety
• Incident investigation
• Process Safety Management
• Qualified EH&S auditor
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com