Delta Waterfowl Foundation seeks to hire a seasoned development professional with a passion for conservation, a strong hunting ethic and a working knowledge of waterfowl/wetland biology to lead our Major Gift fundraising effort in the Chicago / Milwaukee / Minneapolis / St. Paul Region.
The incoming Development Director will have a significant role in planning, and the primary role in closing Major Gifts from Individuals, Foundations and Corporations in this Region, and will have the unique opportunity to significantly impact waterfowl populations and help shape a very positive future for waterfowl hunting for generations to come.
It is preferred that the Development Director base from the Chicago or Minneapolis / St. Paul area, but location is negotiable for the best candidate. Moderate travel will be required to fully embrace the breadth of opportunities that exist in the Region.
The Development Director is a key member of the Delta Waterfowl Major Gift team, serving as the primary Major Gift, relationship-based fundraiser in the Region. Reporting to the Vice President of Development and in partnership with the Development Team this position is responsible for managing a relationship-based portfolio of approximately 100 – 125 active individual, foundation and corporate major giving prospects, focusing primarily on one-time gifts of $10,000 to $100,000. Additionally, the Development Director will be responsible for actively identifying and securing planned gift agreements.
A sophisticated understanding of the giving pyramid, donor life cycle, prospect moves management and how best to deliver and timely solicitations for greatest benefit of both the donor and Delta will be important to the success of this position. DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR Chicago — Milwaukee — Minneapolis — St. Paul Region Vision — Abundant waterfowl and endless opportunities to hunt them Mission — To produce ducks and secure the future of waterfowling The Duck Hunters Organization™
Additionally, a working knowledge of waterfowl hunting, waterfowl biology and wetland ecology is strongly preferred.
The position will be home-based and offers an industry-leading compensation and benefits package including a strong base salary and performance-based bonus commensurate with experience, a truck, medical/dental/ vision insurance, 22 paid holidays and personal days in addition to sick days and other generous benefits as described in the employee handbook.
DESIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Commitment to Delta Waterfowl Foundation’s mission; a demonstrated passion for hunting, waterfowl and habitat conservation.
• Innate, self-motivated ability to help build and execute a donor portfolio management plan in a remote, matrixed working environment.
• Working knowledge of waterfowl hunting and conservation
• 3+ years of major gift fundraising and/or high net worth sales experience, focused on 1:1 relationship based closes of $10,000+.
• Ability to identify major giving prospects, creatively secure face-to-face donor interactions, nurture the relationship to a solicitation and successfully move the relationship to a closed gift.
• General knowledge and experience securing planned gift agreements
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Wildlife Science or similar combination of education and experience preferred.
• Strong written development communication skills, including proposal and grant preparation
• Strong face-to-face interpersonal skills with individuals and small groups of sophisticated donors.
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff across departments in a matrixed environment
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and donor database experience. Salesforce experience preferred.
• Trustworthy and possessing the highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards.
• Ability to construct, articulate, and implement fundraising strategies and reports.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com