Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Conducting plant/wildlife/habitat field surveys, biological literature research, mapping of biological resources, compliance with environmental regulations, and report writing.
- Conduct habitat mapping and assessments and surveys for special-status species and other sensitive biological resources at numerous sites throughout the Bay Area.
- Conduct worker environmental awareness training and biological construction monitoring.
- Perform preliminary desktop analysis, prepare technical reports, and assist with other deliverables as needed.
- Monitor construction activities to ensure compliance with mitigation/regulatory requirements.
- Effectively communicate with construction crews, project personnel, and agency staff.
- Write and maintain daily monitoring and inspection logs, and prepare survey reports.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in conducting biological surveys, impact analyses, wetland delineations, environmental permitting and/or similar activities.
- Bachelors or higher degree in botany, wildlife, biological sciences, environmental sciences, or a related field.
- Excellent organization and communication skills and experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Experience conducting field surveys in the region and completing associated documentation.
- Strong writing skills, including experience writing biological technical studies.
- Working knowledge of relevant environmental statutes and regulations (e.g., CEQA, NEPA, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, Fish and Game Code) and associated permits.
- A clean DMV record and compliance with company safety protocols and procedures are required.
- Experience with identifying, conducting surveys, and monitoring for special-status species, including California red-legged frog, dusky-footed woodrat, and nesting birds, is preferred.
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision and More
- Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- And More…
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com