OBG is currently looking for an Environmental Compliance Engineer assigned to our Atlanta, GA office to support environmental compliance and infrastructure assessments, and to start a rewarding career with a well established environmental consulting firm. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Use prescribed and established methods to perform specific and limited portions of scientific assignments.
- Follows assignments through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Understanding and application of EPCRA/Tier II/TRI, SPCC, industrial stormwater, air, and hazardous/universal waste and used oil management.
- Accurately and consistently completes assignments.
- Applies scientific method and techniques for data collection and data interpretation.
- Applies basic scientific expertise in data collection and data interpretation.
- Operates and maintains field or lab data collection equipment.
- Recognizes discrepancies in data and test results and addresses discrepancies.
- Organizes and communicates thoughts in both written and verbal communication.
- Shows continuing growth in scientific expertise.
- Participate in field environmental studies and inspections.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds safely.
- Assumes responsibility/ownership for assignments.
- Participates actively in creating a safety culture in the office and at the jobsite.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science / Engineering and 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Associate’s degree in Applied Science or Scientific Technology and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- EIT strongly preferred.
- A working knowledge of technical software and computers related to the scientific discipline.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work effectively in teams.
- Willingness to continue to improve.
- Must be able to travel domestically or to Canada.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O’Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerOpens a New Window.. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com