This position will be responsible for purchasing, harvesting, and marketing, logs and standing timber to support Weyerhaeuser’s Pine Lumber facility located in Dierks, Arkansas. Preferred residence for successful applicant would be in or around Dierks, Arkansas.
Purchase of standing timber assets. Contract administration and/or supervision and development of contractors and employees in timber appraisal. Harvest planning, contract negotiation and administration, sales and delivery of raw material from the harvest of standing timber asset. Management of quality systems that insure compliance with customer specifications. Setting goals, priorities and achieving desired results.
- Minimum of two years practical experience preferred.
- BS in forestry, BS/BA in a related field, or AS in forestry, or equivalent in experience.
- Personal computer skills including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Basic understanding of statistics.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to perform accurate timber cruises and appraisals.
- Ability to recon timber, use aerial photography and design cruises resulting in accurate timber appraisals.
- Knowledge and understanding of various log scales and measures; able to determine and use conversion of harvesting and transportation systems, their cost structure and rate determination methods.
- Ability to analyze competitive bid data, vendor wood prices and competitor information to develop raw material strategies.
- Ability to use cost, volume, quality and other supplier data to evaluate performance.
- Knowledge of and ability to recognize conformance to safety, environmental, labor and transportation concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to manage vendors or suppliers.
- Demonstrated leadership in employee and contractor safety performance and safety process improvement.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com