The Recycling Coordinator develops and implements recycling and diversion programs and assists in the promotion of the Company’s recycling efforts. The Recycling Coordinator works directly with the Company’s customer base via telephone, onsite visits, events, trade shows and outreach educational programs to identify and educate them on proper recycling techniques to improve the quality of materials received at our Recycling Center(s).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to organize, manage and control workflow of concurrent projects.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to and meet deadlines.
• Ability to motivate employees to volunteer for community events and establish effective working relationships with office staff, city officials, community and business groups and general public.
• Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Excellent self-motivation skills; strong work ethic.
• Trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Service oriented; actively looks for ways to help people.
• Bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration, environmental management or related field.
• Experience in communication, business/economic or professional outreach activities.
• Experience managing websites and using social media for educational and marketing purposes.
• Monitors and evaluates existing commercial and special event recycling programs and makes recommendations for educational and service improvement.
• Coordinates and provides input and strategic guidance regarding the customer collection schedule with the Operations department.
• Creates, develops and implements food waste recycling outreach programs and collateral material for use in promoting food waste education, recycling, and diversion to schools and businesses within the market service area. Drafts, organizes and conducts classroom presentations and responds to inquiries about recycling and other waste reduction programs.
• Drafts, compiles and disseminates communications to customers to assist them in eliminating materials that contaminate recycling waste.
• Creates or assists in the creation of the Company newsletter, semi-annual/annual reports, brochures, pamphlets, ads, slide shows, and other related Company publications for internal and external use.
• Performs commercial waste audits/assessments and recommends service levels for waste and recycling. Conducts and participates in waste characterization studies upon request. Provides customers written reports of findings and recommendations.
• Compiles statistics for contractual food waste recycling tonnage reports, analyzes data for accuracies and trends. Analyzes monthly reports on outreach activities and maintains a calendar of reporting deadlines.
• Participates in researching the availability of grants and other funding sources for recycle and waste reduction projects and assists in securing applicable funds.
• Builds relationships and increases Company visibility to promote recycling and diversion programs through participation in community events, trade shows, chamber of commerce meetings and other applicable events, as necessary as the Company’s representative.
• Organizes and completes proactive scheduled phone block activities to establish initial and follow-up appointments with customer decision-makers.
• Utilizes the Company’s tracking and customer based tools on a daily basis, schedules and documents all activities, and develops robust information profiles on current customer base to facilitate and ensure proper recycling habits.
• Schedules and conducts tours of local transfer stations, landfills or other facilities.
• Performs other job-related duties, as required. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer-facing role that includes identifying and addressing customer needs.
• Valid driver’s license.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com