3M is seeking an experienced Sustainability Leader for the Electronics and Energy Business Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
An exciting opportunity awaits a passionate and inspired leader to assume a leadership role in driving 3M and EEBG growth via Sustainability. This position will require collaborating across the business group and corporation to drive new growth by building a strong new product pipeline and establishing effective product positioning for Sustainability differentiation. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for integrating Sustainability into EEBG’s new product introduction process and will manage data and processes related to sustainable products.
For additional information, please visit: 3M Sustainability
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify opportunities that cross businesses or lie outside existing businesses to develop and market sustainable products; work with the laboratory and business leaders to evaluate and implement those opportunities in specific new product plans.
- Drive EEBG Sustainability strategy, roadmap and priority actions. To the degree possible, monetize the strategy.
- Manage new product sustainability evaluation process and reporting. This includes training new product development teams on the process as well as managing the evolution of the criteria and reporting system.
- Drive development of business sustainability tools and approaches for business capacity building.
- Identify and build best practice sharing and continuous improvement processes for Sustainable business development across the Business Group focusing on product commercialization.
- Track and report EEBG Sustainability results to senior leadership
- Represent EEBG Sustainability to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate across EEBG organizations to identify, characterize, and prepare to serve evolving strategic market segments, including leading Business-Group wide strategic market roadmapping activities.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a private, public, government or military environment in one or more of the following areas: strategic business development, global product commercialization, new product introduction, new technology introduction, project management, manufacturing technology, product development, quality, and/or research laboratory
- Advanced technical degree (Masters, Doctorate or Post Doctorate) in a science or engineering discipline.
- Business acumen as demonstrated by Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five (5) years sustainability experience
- Experience participating in and leading cross-functional teams
- Skills include product and technology development, customer application engineering, global experience
- Strong process and statistical thinking approach. Six Sigma experience a benefit
- Strong key account/customer experience directly engaging with VOC and insights related activity
- Strong technical capabilities combined with a strong technical network
- Strong ability to engage and influence divisional (marketing/technical) personnel
- International experience and network in high growth regions of the world preferred
- Advanced organizational and motivational skills to help guide new product exploration teams
- Open and collaborative style partnering with key stakeholders
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com