Contractor has recently been awarded an environmental contract onsite at COTY in Sanford, NC. They're currently looking for an individual to oversee the program in Sanford.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To ....
- Site Manager oversees the environmental and ﬁnancial performance of Total Waste at client locations. Responsibilities focus on the proper management of all contractor and professional services associated with hazardous and non-hazardous solid wastes as well as in-plant industrial services. Major emphasis on the creation of cost-saving through the elimination, reduction and recycling of waste. The Site Manager will report to the assigned customer site daily and implement waste programs.
- Ensures that all duties are performed in accordance with regulatory standards and company policies governing the proper management of solid and hazardous waste
- Manages technicians associated with their speciﬁc contract (where applicable)
- Ensures that contract and/or subcontract requirements are being met and/or exceeded.
- Communicates with clients, subcontractors and supervisors, any changes or discrepancies in contract and/or subcontract requirements.
- Analyzes ﬁnancial performance of contracts
- Coordinates Client "in-plant" waste management systems.
- Samples and prepares waste material samples for analysis.
- Identiﬁes and characterizes wastes.
- Prepares containers for proper DOT shipment.
- Prepares shipping paperwork including manifests and LDR's for all shipments of waste.
- Coordinates scheduling and pickup of waste for third party disposal.
- Coordinates the procurement of necessary waste containers.
- Tracks manifests returned in 35 days, matches documents, and maintains ﬁles.
- Monitor activities, track waste and cost data and prepare comprehensive reports. Including: providing data to customer tracking database as required by client
- Provide/Analyze baseline reconciliation as required per contract or more often if needed to manage discrepancies.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Performs and documents waste accumulation area inspections.
- Develop and implement plans and projects focusing on the reduction, reuse and recycling of waste generated by manufacturing, pollution control and maintenance operations
- Analyzes costs/beneﬁts of pollution prevention program.
- Track at a very detailed level cost saving initiatives providing data on client savings recognized and projected
- Coordinates activities for all Veolia service lines.
- Develops and delivers waste related RCRA, DOT, and other training to client
- Tracks and schedules Site visits
- Support ISO 14001 work instructions, multi-media compliance audits, regulatory submittals, workplace safety, employee/contractor training and community outreach
- Support management systems & deliverables focusing on federal and local regulatory compliance standards as well as the plant's Environmental Management policies and procedures dealing with the proper management of waste and the prevention of pollution
- 3+ years direct experience
- Environmental hazardous waste and site management experience
- 40 hour HAZWOPER
- Strong communication skills (written + verbal)
Name: Stokes Shelby
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com