The Analyst of Data Insights for Gap Inc. will be responsible for conducting data analysis, administration of data systems, and managing data processes for the Global Sustainability and Gap Foundation departments. This position will leverage data from company and external databases to inform and track the progress of company sustainability programs. The analyst will deliver reports, dashboards and insights that accurately assess the social, environmental, and business impacts of these programs. This role will also liaise with Global Supply Chain and IT teams to facilitate greater integration of sustainability into operational processes, data systems, and decision making.
- Manage data, conduct analysis and deliver insights that meet internal and external reporting requirements.
- Partner with Data Insights team members to maintain and provide training on Global Sustainability systems to Global Sustainability and Foundation field-based teams, partners, and supply chain vendors.
- Prioritize and monitor select data inputs for timely and accurate completion of analysis projects
- Liaise with Hong Kong based sourcing and IT teams to enable sustainability program integration within existing systems
- Create standard operating procedures (SOPs) and identify automation opportunities for existing slate of Excel and PowerPoint based reports.
- Manage data operations and validation of key sustainable product initiatives
- Develop/maintain expertise in corporate responsibility (CR) data trends, staying abreast of developments and identifying future risks and opportunities that will influence Global Sustainability’s data strategy.
- Systems knowledge (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, Chartio, Smartsheets) and familiarity with relational databases.
- Strong software knowledge of MS Access, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with automating data collection and management
- Passion for human rights and environmental issues.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for insights-driven quantitative analysis.
- Experience in data mining and analysis techniques.
- Ability to analyze large data sets, derive relevant insights/interpret trends, and present complex information in an understandable manner.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with business and external partners across time zones.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an analytically-intense field
- 2-4 years of work experience, with experience in systems and process management preferable within the supply chain and/or sustainability sector
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com