For more information on the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, please visit http://denr.sd.gov/.
This position ensures the protection of South Dakota's air quality by implementing the state's air quality monitoring network throughout South Dakota as follows:
- collect air quality monitoring data, reviews, validates and provides basic interpretation of air monitoring data, prepare site data files, and provide precision check reports;
- complete precision, audits and operational checks to verify analyzer and monitor performance following the required schedule;
- coordinate the Quality Assurance data collection from air monitoring sites throughout South Dakota;
- maintain an inventory of replacement parts and consumables and supplies for all equipment at all sites throughout South Dakota;
- prepare sections of technical reports as required;
- recommend changes to procedures and test new procedures for the Air Quality Program's Quality Assurance Project Plan;
- evaluate and re‐train site operators and other staff as required;
- operate air monitoring equipment and collect samples;
- conduct required maintenance and repairs on program equipment;
- conduct air quality inspections of permitted facilities and non-permitted facilities to investigate complaints and/or determine compliance with state and federal regulations and permit requirements;
- travel to air monitoring sites which may include overnight stays doing air monitoring site setup, maintenance, equipment calibrations, and equipment audits;
- recommend corrective action where necessary to protect the state's natural resources;
- work within South Dakota's Emergency Operations Center during times when Governor declares an emergency.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Only applicants that possess a bachelor's/master's degree in environmental or physical sciences will be considered.
- the principles of environmental sampling;
- investigative procedures;
- technical report writing.
- use of computers and Microsoft Office products;
- communicate effectively.
- plan, organize, and prioritize work activities effectively to meet schedules and deadlines;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers;
- make appropriate decisions by applying standards and available information to specific situations;
- communicate information clearly and concisely and develop ideas in a logical sequence;
- analyze problems and recommend solutions;
- understand and achieve department objectives.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information visit http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus/workbenefits.aspx. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: http://tinyurl.com/y9a5cqdw
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com