Founded in 1985, Wenck operates both nationally and internationally providing holistic environmental, engineering, construction, and response solutions. We are an employee owned (ESOP) consulting enterprise of 275+ multidisciplinary experts – collaborating, innovating, and championing all facets of our clients most essential business interests. With a passion for air, water, waste, land/natural resources, and infrastructure, we utilize our discrete expertise to ensure our clients are operational and thriving.
Wenck culture is dynamic, creative, and rewarding. We do more than just provide reliable, industry leading services that evolve as our clients do. Our greatest strength is our employees, our communities, and our willingness to learn. We value responsive, resilient ideals that result in shared success. Grow alongside the best in your industry to enrich your career path by making a positive impact.
Wenck is seeking an Environmental Project Manager to join our expanding Minneapolis-West real-estate and remediation team. As a member of our team, you will manage a variety of environmental projects including due diligence, site investigation, monitoring, remediation, brownfield redevelopment, and limited compliance assessment projects.
The Environmental Project Manager position will be responsible for handling projects related to State and Federal programs including Voluntary Brownfield Programs through the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA). Due diligence, remediation, and redevelopment projects may also include risk assessments, limited compliance review, SWPPP, SPCC, asbestos and hazardous materials inspection and abatement.
- Plan, coordinate, manage, and implement environmental due diligence, remediation and redevelopment projects such as Phase I / II Environmental Site Assessments, Response Action Plans, and Brownfield Redevelopment and RAP Implementation;
- Provide management, training, and oversight of contractors and field staff;
- Project management of various projects including maintenance of project scope, schedule and budget and coordination of project teams and direct client communication;
- Preparation of proposals, technical correspondence, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets;
- Data compilation, QA/QC, interpretation, evaluation/comparison to environmental regulatory standards;
- Coordinate multiple projects and interface with clients, government agencies and other Wenck offices;
- Work as part of a project team and coordinate activities with vendors, clients and contractors;
- Willingness to travel up to 20% regionally, as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or a related field of study required
- PE or PG license preferred
- 7 to 12 years of previous environmental project experience including the coordination and management of projects
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certification
- Knowledge of asbestos and hazardous materials (MDH Inspector hard card preferred)
- Well versed with field sampling techniques, monitoring equipment, and laboratory methods, QA/QC
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate with other technical professionals, clients, and regulatory officials is a must.
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office software
- Familiarity with EPA Region 5 rules and regulations.
- Strong problem solving abilities and aptitude.
- Ability to present technical information, both written and orally, in a concise and professional manner; must have strong technical writing skills.
Key Attributes for Success:
- Strong commitment to personal growth and continued learning.
- Positive attitude and very strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, flexible team player, willing/able to work on a wide variety of tasks.
- Possess superior organization skills, good logic, strong attention to detail, and analytical skills.
- Commitment to excellence, high quality work, and profitable execution.
- Possess an unquestionable commitment to safe work practices, personal safety, and coworkers’ safety at all times.
- Possess a passion for client engagement, superior service and continued business development.
- Possess broad understanding of engineering design, construction, industrial services, and spill response.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com