Wenck is a leading engineering & consulting firm, dedicated to providing innovative solutions through our strategic engineering, environmental, and consulting services. Originally founded in Minnesota in 1985, our engineering coverage spans throughout the U.S., including offices tin Minnesota, Georgia, Colorado, North Dakota, and Wyoming. We provide industries and local, state and federal agencies a full spectrum of services related to infrastructure, water, air, land, waste, and industrial processes. Wenck is known for delighting our clients by being responsive, reliable, and proactive, thereby adding the most value possible to their business or organization.
Wenck is seeking to substantially expand our Environmental Real Estate and Remediation practice in our Atlanta, Georgia office, primarily serving the southeast. This expansion will occur through identifying and recruiting business and practice leaders interested in a diverse and entrepreneurial ESOP company. Our company has grown through diverse expansion of technical expertise and through investment in our employees. We are looking for qualified candidates interested in growing our practice using a seller-doer model.
The successful candidate will primarily develop client relationships, obtain project opportunities, manage client relationships, and lead the execution of multi-phased environmental real estate, remediation, and environmental compliance projects for a wide variety of clients. Industry categories served include: Real estate, transactional financing, legal, Brownfields redevelopment, and private and federal contaminated land remediation. Primary skills include strong technical and regulatory experience with environmental due diligence, site investigation and remediation.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Approximately 10-15 years of environmental experience with soil, groundwater, and vapor remediation; real estate due diligence; land acquisition; and regulatory assistance.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, environmental science, environmental policy or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental regulations and requirements including, but not limited to CERCLA, RCRA, HSRA, Brownfield, storm water, EPCRA, wastewater, CAA, and OPA spill planning.
- Client and project management experience.
- Knowledge of internal business operations and ability to expand a practice area.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills, and attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both clients and project team members.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software platform.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet strict project deadlines.
- Ability to travel regionally and locally as required for proposal and project needs.
- Experience working with Local, State or Federal agencies.
- A consulting work history of completing or managing successful environmental projects from proposal through completion.
- A network of client and industry contacts from current or prior project assignments.
- Maintain existing client relationships and obtain new clients.
- Prepare proposals describing scope, schedule, and estimated budget for executing projects.
- Organize and direct project teams for a wide variety of clients with environmental needs.
- Identify applicable environmental regulations.
- Lead development of real estate and remediation strategies.
- Responsible for project profit and loss.
- Provide project team guidance and, when necessary assist with the preparation of project deliverables.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Commensurate with education, training, and experience.