The Health Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality (HSSEQ) Manager is accountable for leading the HSSE team in developing and executing best in class HSSEQ strategies to sustain top quartile HSSEQ performance and enable a culture of continuous improvement. As the HSSEQ Manager, you will lead a team of professionals comprised of :
- Occupational Health and Safety;
- Environmental Management;
- Crisis and Continuity Management;
- Plant Security; and
As a valued member of the Refinery Leadership Team, you are integral to the development and delivery of the entirety of the Business Improvement Plan (BIP) and Asset Strategy. As a Senior Level Leader within Fuels North America and Global Refining, you provide leadership across the entire business – leveraging best practices and sharing resources where appropriate.
You are a role model for BP’s Values & Behaviors and Leadership Expectations. You create a culture of inclusion and meritocracy and are accountable for developing the next generation of leaders. As an ambassador of BP, you will have ample leadership opportunities to build corporate reputation and goodwill through service to the community.
SAFE, RESPONSIBLE and RELIABLE OPERATIONS
- Ensures that the workforce understands and manages risk to prevent accidents, harm to people, and damage to the environment, while achieving competitive performance.
- Promotes a culture of ethical leadership through effective decision making, and compliance with BP’s Code of Conduct.
- Provides strong leadership in an effort to foster a culture of execution, engagement, and teamwork.
- Leads the deployment of work processes and resources to provide effective support for occupational safety, environmental, plant protection, emergency response and preparedness, and quality control/lab testing and other consulting support to Operations and the Cherry Point refinery.
- Energizes the HSSEQ team to identify issues at earliest possible stage and utilizes innovation and leadership to find best in class solutions.
- Leads the personal safety agenda
- Provides overall assurance regarding HSSE performance, risks and delivery
- Lead the team to provide clear HSSE policies and procedures that meet statutory and BP Group requirements
- Ensure effective external relationships with HSSE regulatory agencies, industry associations and public issues groups
- Leads the site environmental compliance and permitting strategy
- Accountable for the incident investigation and learning process. Sets up the structure and accountability to ensure incidents are investigated and lessons are shared and embedded across the site.
- Serves as gatekeeper for HSSE-related Capital projects. Provides leadership through each of the phases of the project.
- Provides strategic leadership to the Plant Protection organization. Ensures emergency response capability including people, processes and equipment are adequate. Ensures security systems and processes are adequate to mitigate security risks
- Leads the laboratory as an independent certification and assurance on product quality
- Fosters a culture that focuses on a risk management approach that delivers significant, continuous, and sustainable risk reduction.
RESOURCES and RELATIONSHIPS
- Organizes and prioritizes resources to effectively and efficiently work across departments, work within budgets, and simultaneously support the ongoing operations to deliver long term improvements for the business.
- Builds relationships and coordination of external experts to ensure the continued growth and development of the HSSEQ team.
- Drive engagement with the HSSE Managers Network for Global Refining and the underlying Continuous Improvement Forums (CIFs).
- Coaches leaders in the HSSEQ department on effective leadership and employee engagement.
- Leads the development, performance management, reward, and succession planning to ensure that the HSSEQ team members are developing into leaders for BP.
- Collaborates with BP leadership to develop resources to drive problem solving, share, and incorporate learnings in regional and global interactions.
- Works to deliver a pipeline of energized, diverse, and highly capable HSSEQ professionals and leadership talent.
- Ensures the availability and access to high quality HSSEQ resources to support the development of the Cherry Point team.
- Provides oversight for site-wide HSSEQ resources, including recruitment, training and career development.
- Develops strong succession plans to build capability for the Cherry Point Refinery and BP.
- A Bachelor's degree in an engineering and/or safety (HSSE-related) discipline
Essential experience and job requirements
- 10+ years of Manufacturing Experience (Operational and/or HSSEQ)
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated safety and environmental focus with a commitment to continuous improvement in HSSEQ performance
- Well-developed leadership abilities with experience in organizing/building teams
- Proven ability to work in a team based organization
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong planning and control skills
- Skilled at leading teams, consensus building, and effective communication
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com