The Senior Project Development Manager (PDM) is responsible for the design, development and delivery of new innovative business models within China. In line with the agreed strategy and based on insights and analysis, the role of the PDM is to convert concepts and ideas into commercial reality and to lay the foundation for significant businesses for BP in the future. This will involve developing new products and services as well as identifying routes to market, partnerships and business models that are sustainable and provide long term advantage to BP. Success is identifying opportunities that will scale and making those businesses happen in China.
The role will be reporting to China Lead of Advanced Mobility Unit and be accountable for the delivery of EV Strategy.
1. Identify innovative business opportunities new to BP within the strategic frame of the Electrification strategy.
2. Design business models that have the potential to scale to material businesses for BP, where possible leveraging existing strengths and assets.
3. Lead programmes to build those businesses, potentially first in pilot stage, by negotiating with partners and other eco-system players. Output is new commercial enterprises.
4. Build BP presence and reputation in the Electrification space to enable future activities and rapidly scale up our value generating potential.
5. Work closely with China Lead to develop long term commercial relationships with key eco-system players, and with the BP Ventures team to explore Venture investments and conduct deal due-diligence.
6. Manage a portfolio of options that provide short, medium and long term commercial benefit for BP.
Bachelor and above
• Proven experience in EV value chain businesses, in particular in EV charging.
• Knowledge and capability of how to deliver EV charging businesses in China.
• Existing connection with local EV industry players and understanding of EV related regulatory framework.
• Strong track record of developing and deploying innovative business models that creates significant value.
• Developing partnerships and/or joint ventures, contractual and negotiating experience.
• Strategic insight and design and build of new business models.
• Consumer understanding and awareness – experience of building compelling value propositions for China.
• Experience in a range of EV-relevant technology and its application in business models.
• Ability to work in flexible and highly commercially focussed way to achieve results.
• Entrepreneurial experience
• Direct experience in mobility and/or retail.
• Cross cultural and global working
• Understanding of BP core businesses where possible
• Strong English knowledge in written and spoken form
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com