The Environmental/PSM Coordinator is responsible for ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, Risk Management program, Process Safety Management, wastewater treatment plant operation, air permitting and reporting, EPCRA reporting, storm water pollution prevention, spill prevention controls and countermeasures, hazardous waste and other regulatory programs. This position is responsible for contributing to a safe work place and will lead the identification of and response to the environmental needs and concerns of regulators, company management and employees.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Ensures conformance to environmental regulations and company environmental policies and guidelines. Responsible for Environmental Management System, Risk Management Program, wastewater treatment plant operation, air permitting and reporting, EPCRA reporting, storm water pollution prevention, spill prevention controls and countermeasures and hazardous waste.
- Maintains ISO 140001 certification and conformance to the standard.
- Assists with environmental site audits and coordinates the facility response to findings.
- Ensures facility compliance RMP/PSM program.
- Prepares permit applications for modifications and renewals.
- Works with Corporate and Plant engineers on construction projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, and 3+ years experience with environmental compliance, EMS, and PSM; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Wastewater Treatment Operator Certification, preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with wastewater operations, air permitting program, and ISO 140001.
- Working knowledge and experience in analyzing and implementing permit requirements; identifying environmental issues; providing recommendations and developing clear SOP's.
- Knowledge and understanding of all regulatory programs and Environmental regulations; e.g., RCRA, EPCRA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, etc.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal formats.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Access.
- This position may supervise Waste Water Operators.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com