About the Position: This is a PERMANENT position as an Environmental Protection Specialist with the Directorate of Public Works, Fort Jackson, SC.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an Environmental Protection Specialist with responsibility for overall management of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) program.
- Tracks NEPA document review and approval status. Consolidates and provides final NEPA requirements to proponent.
- Maintains SharePoint site and database of all NEPA documentation related to the project.
- Tracks inspections, including any corrective actions and correspondence, and provides inspection status reports.
- Acquires all information needed to prepare or evaluate NEPA documents, such as project descriptions, scopes of work, performance work statements, site maps, safety data sheets, equipment specifications, asbestos surveys, and laboratory analyses.
- Conducts multi-media environmental assessments to determine compliance with Federal, State, local and military regulations, and Fort Jackson specific policy and guidance documents.
- Conducts inspections of project areas, construction sites and field project sites to ensure compliance requirements and mitigation measures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com