Our Fulfilment Centre operations are at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The EU Environment, Health and Safety function is part of the Operational teams and supports our Fulfilment Centres who are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
For more information about Amazon Operations, visit our microsite: http://amazon-operations.eu/
Role: EU Environment Manager
Here at Amazon we are currently we need an experienced Environment Professional to join the EU EHS team and play a critical role in leading the inclusion of Environmental excellence across our European network. The successful candidate will define and refine operational supportive environmental policy, review and approved new hazmat waste compliance processes and change initiatives as well as define best practice for energy efficiency and sustainability progression across the EU network. Establishment of EU Environment standards and procedures that are aligned with North American best practice, meeting European and individual country legal requirements at all times.
Because of the nature of the position you will preferably be based in Luxembourg, where our European headquarters are but applicants outside of Luxembourg will be considered.
You will be managing a wide range of outputs, including; Liaison with other critical support functions such as Product Compliance Engineering/Facilities, Procurement, Learning and Development and New Build teams in order to effective deliver the mission critical, wide ranging remit this roles cover aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements.
The extent of your duties will include:
- Ensure Hazmat Waste policy and process for product storage meets all EU regulation requirements across all 7 operating regions
-Provide expert guidance on environmental compliance in all 7 regions, including energy efficiency best practice
· Creation of key policy documents for high potential and high frequency risks across Amazon EU operations
· Provide functional access and working links with other Environmental critical functional teams including; Product Compliance, Retail, Engineering, Facilities, Procurement, Learning and Development.
· Update existing policy and procedure documents and ensure operational strategy is delivered and that key elements of other critical functional processes are aligned to achieve continuously improving environmental performance
· Provide input and technical expertise to FC design, specification and launch processes to ensure ‘right first time’ environmental outcomes
· Support the EU EHS Director in delivery of central EHS pro-active objectives
· Provide technical input to change projects, build outs and development projects and act as a technical expert for the EU Environmental function
· Generate regular technical updates for the EU EHS Director and wider HS team
· Support functional development projects with technical expertise to ensure on time delivery of the EU Environmental strategy objectives
· Be a key contributor to the EU EHS strategy and help create functional development programs for EHS and other key central functions
· Deliver key pro-active objectives for EU EHS as part of role objectives
· Establish key pro-active performance metrics for the Environmental Compliance across the EU operational theatre – focusing on ‘right first time’ approach
· Providing monthly management reports for the EU EHS director on a ‘dashboard’ format with agreed operational agreed statistics.
· Supporting business change through effective influencing of change management processes within EU operations.
The successful candidate will be or have:
· BSc in Environmental Science or Environmental Management degree
- NEBOSH Specialist Diploma in Environmental Management or EU equivalent
- Experience, preferably gained in a low margin, high volume environment with warehousing and logistics beneficial
· Educated to degree level
· Chartered Member of AIEMA or equivalent EU organisation
· Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities, workload and European travel
· Credibility and be able to effectively engage and influence other functional leaders and their teams, to build buy-in to EU Env strategies and change processes
· Used to operating at all levels of the organisation from warehouse floor to senior management level
· Excellent communication and influencing skills – result orientated and tenacious
· An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & UK Environmental legislation
· Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation
· Lean, 5S, Behavioural Change and Kaizen experience
· Safety qualification/experience an advantage
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com