Location(s): Austria, Canada, United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha, Welland, Jenbach or any bigger DP location
This role is responsible for EHS compliance, ensuring a safe work environment, protecting the environment and minimizing accident risks at our Distributed Power Sites globally. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet site and business needs, manage issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the business EHS strategy.
- Execute and ensure site operations are in compliance with all federal, state, and local EHS regulatory and EHS management system requirements
- Develop and communicate across direct organization site EHS imperatives, goals and initiatives
- Collaborate with operations to drive implementation of programs such management of change and stop work that drive a proactive and positive safety culture
- Lead EHS projects from funding through implementation
- Conduct learning teams in response to EHS events and conduct/validate accident investigations to determine root cause and proactive solutions
- Conduct EHS audits in support of compliance assurance activities
- Provide tactical issue resolution and training at the facility level
- Support business EHS leader on execution of business EHS priorities
- An Engineering degree, BSc, Ph.D., Master of Science or equivalent (e.g. chemical or environmental engineering, physics etc.)
- Profound, professional level experience in interpreting and applying Global Laws and regulations, Austria, Canada, and USA preferred
- High integrity with desire to make an impact in the organization, always with a customer focused approach
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and keen interest in people management and implementation of EHS in matrix organizations
- Team-oriented leadership style with good communication and interpersonal skills to embrace challenge and encourage teams to go the extra mile when needed
- Strong project leader, structured and well organized; excellent prioritizing skills
- Strong EHS management experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably chemical industry or related
- Communication and negotiation experience with EHS regulators
- Sound knowledge of process- and construction safety
- Well-grounded background in Environmental, Health and Safety programs
- Strong computer skills
- Legal work authorization to work is required. GE will not sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future for this role.
Please note, additional information dependent on hiring location:
Austria: We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits. According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 4272.17 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
Hungary: Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary.
United States: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com