General Summary: The Environmental Programs Manager is responsible for strategic development, research, implementation and execution of Patagonia’s primary non-monetary environmental support programs and the Tools for Grassroots Activists Conference, with the goal of building the capacity efforts of the grassroots environmental movement. This role will work closely with the Patagonia Action Works team in building strategy, execution and leveraging this program to engage and enhance the impact and experience for our grantees.
Essential Job Functions:
Tools for Grassroots Activists Conference
- Responsible for strategic oversight and vision for the Tools conference, to include continual program evaluation, elevation and expansion through communication with internal and external partners.
- Develop multiyear plan to leverage and increase the impact of the Tools conference, including how to support grantees at a regional and topical level.
- Plan, coordinate and lead all aspects of the biennial Tools conference with a focus on process improvement.
- Create digital and online components of Tools for Grassroots Activists, to be utilized through Patagonia Action Works, the Grantee Dashboard, and as internal educational opportunities for our employees.
Patagonia Action Works
- Act as environmental team representative on the Patagonia Action Works committee, including providing insights and suggestions on new grantee tools or expansion ideas.
- In collaboration with enviro team leadership, works to identify priority issues, organizations and regions to spotlight through Patagonia Action Works.
- Align and create on-boarding grantee engagement strategy with Activism Marketing Coordinator.
- Create and implement on-going grantee engagement strategy in support of environmental campaigns on Patagonia Action Works.
- Research and advise on possible under-engaged grantee categories in Action Works. Develop strategy to build bridges to groups and vet for potential grant making alignment.
- Ensure grants information is complete to support timely platform updates, in collaboration with Activism Marketing Coordinator, Grants Database Analyst, Activism Marketing Manager and edit team. Evaluate and implement improvements to this process to shorten the timeframe between receiving a grant and appearing on the platform and accessing all support tools.
- Create and implement on-going grantee engagement strategies, specific to each grants program, in partnership with the grants team, District Environmental Coordinators and the Patagonia Action Works team.
- Elevate and expand use of Grantee Dashboard as a central hub for all Patagonia’s grantee support, monetary and non-monetary. Coordinate with Activism Marketing Coordinator and environmental program managers to build, maintain and provide information across all relevant programs.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- College Degree in Environmental Studies, Science, Policy or comparable area of expertise.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the environmental movement including responsibility for non-profit campaign development and strategy.
- Leadership experience in project management and event planning.
- Extensive public speaking and public relations skills.
- Understanding of political process and experience in shaping public policy.
- Excellent writing skills with experience as a ghostwriter.
- Demonstrated ability to handle controversial issues with comfort, subtlety and finesse.
- Excels in a team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Windows, and Excel.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible (and at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods.
Employee Conduct: It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com