About the Role
We are seeking a sharp, personable, highly-organized Senior Environmental Health and Safety Manager to support our US/Canada teams as we continue to grow our EHS programs.This position will be responsible for implementing US/Canada occupational health and safety programs that meet regulatory compliance and legislation. This will require the successful candidate to become familiar with UBER policies, programs, procedures and developing partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure compliance in the US/Canada region.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct an EHS compliance audit and gap analysis to determine non-compliance and areas for improvement;
- Develop, implement, and promote occupational safety and health programs in the workplace;
- Advise and assist the employer in complying with the local occupational safety and health regulations. Especially in the submission of the reporting requirements;
- Perform quarterly assessment of the implementation of occupational safety and health programs in the workplace;
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports of safety and health programs;
- Be present during the scheduled safety inspections by authorized government agents;
- Serve as Chairperson to the Health and Safety Committee;
- Conduct accident investigations;
- Conduct risk and fire risk assessments;
- Act as a business partner and guide the employer and workers in an advisory capacity on all matters pertaining to health and safety
- Conduct health and safety inspections;
- Ensure Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) are closed out and completed;
- Help maintain an efficient accident record system and coordinate corrective;
- Provide assistance to government agencies when they conduct safety and health inspection, accident investigation, or any other related requirements;
- Ensure a zero harm incidents philosophy and encourage near miss reporting;
- Assist in training a minimum 5% of total headcount per site as UBER Heroes (first aid and fire safety wardens);
- Conduct IAQ testing and provide reports and recommendations;
- Implement electrical safety procedures and process; and
- Ensure Uber EHS policies are implemented across all sites.
What You’ll Need
- An interest in and passion for Uber
- A bachelor’s degree in health, safety, environment, engineering or chemistry (minimum)
- 5-8 years EHS legal requirements and compliance standards experience
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal safety regulations and standards in US/Canada.
- Professional certification with accreditation body (ASP, CSP, CIH or willingness to obtain)
- Experience in developing and implementing Environmental Health and Safety programs, procedures, associated training, guidance documents, and job aids.
- Business partner mindset
- Autonomous and analytical
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel
About the Team
We are the global business partner advising and supporting Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and program compliance.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com