The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist to join the Environmental, Health and Safety team in Jacksonville, FL. The Senior EHS Specialist will serve as lead EHS support to the Boeing Company’s Cecil Field site.
Primary responsibilities include providing environmental compliance support and occupational safety support to the Aircraft Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Business as part of EHS Team while serving as primary interface to the site operations and other business support functions.
- Develops and documents comprehensive Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) management systems.
- Leads interface with regulatory agencies and prepares and submits compliance reports to relevant agencies.
- Conducts information exchanges to improve EHS processes.
- Evaluates new technologies and processes to develop strategies and tactics for reducing workplace hazards and environmental impacts.
- Develops education and training materials to support regulatory and business requirements.
- Directs vendor, contractor and supplier activities for EHS compliance for site processes and program goals.
- Leads program reviews, investigates incidents and provides corrective action to prevent re-occurrence of incidents.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Experience in Environmental Healthy & Safety.
- Experience conducting EHS audits, inspections, investigations and coordinating resolution of issues
- Experience in environmental compliance programs
- Experience across a wide range of Environment, Health & Safety disciplines (E.G. Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Hazardous Energy, Machining Guarding, Radiation, Cranes, and Ergonomics)
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com