The Microsoft Manufacturing and Supply Chain - Safety, Compliance and Sustainability Team has an immediate opening in Suzhou, China for an experienced Social and Environmental Accountability (SEA) Program Manager. This position is directly responsible for developing and managing a risk-based social and environmental accountability program for Microsoft’s hardware supply chain. This role provides a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many. This position will report to the Senior Social and Environmental Accountability (SEA) Operations Manager based in Suzhou, China.
- SEA capability program development and management for internal stakeholders, suppliers and other partners including administration, planning, course delivery, data collection and analysis, vendor management and related communication.
- Program manage internal and external resources to develop and deliver programs, materials and other SEA related learning resources that supports the overall SEA strategy.
- Implement and manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships (with support of U.S. team) to provide business insight on SEA related programs
- Follow up, research and implement global SEA related regulations, standards, literature and provide guidance to senior management
- Communicate trends in risk and control issues to senior management on the results of ongoing reviews
- Work with team of experts to plan, develop, implement and communicate supplier requirements, SEA compliance and sustainability programs, operating controls and procedures with the intent to manage and reduce Microsoft’s related compliance risks and continuously improve upon and implement best practices
- Participate in development of strategy relating to strengthening the social, environmental, health and safety capabilities of the supply chain
- Respond to stakeholder inquiries, and develop effective internal and external communication materials
- Develop evaluation and assessment methods to measure program effectiveness and drive continuous improvement.
- Raise the social, labor, environmental, health & safety knowledge of the group through on the job training and continuous professional development •Successfully integrate within a broader compliance, safety and sustainability team of experienced and highly motivated and talented experts
- At least 10 years of demonstrated work experience in program management, with a track record of effectively managing a program in an empowered, and changing environment
- At least 5 years of demonstrated work experience in social responsibility field (labor, ethics, health & safety, environmental management system and practices) that includes progressive and diversified industry experience
- Experience in successful implementation of quality and environmental management systems to ISO 9000/14001 and other applicable standards
- Ability to design and deliver compliance and awareness capability building programs, and manage vendors and service providers
- A high level of enthusiasm, creativity, self-motivation, resourcefulness and effectiveness as a team player with experience of leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to drive change •Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Attention to details, strong analytical skills, patient & follows through
- Knowledge of IT systems for product compliance and sustainability management
- A BS/BA degree, PMP Certified required, MS, MBA or Advance degree preferred
- Advanced user- MS Excel and PowerPoint, POWER BI preferred.
- Learning and Development design experience preferred
- Ability to travel 25-40% Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com