Provides leadership and direction to MidAmerican Energy Company for environmental permitting, compliance, program and training requirements. Directs and coordinates the work of a department of professionals responsible for ensuring environmental compliance and enhancing the environmental resources of the company.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Direct the development and implementation of regulatory strategies for construction and operating permits, environmental impact statements, and interface with regulatory agencies on permit conditions, variances or other environmental areas.
- Provide leadership and assistance in developing and maintaining operational goals and budgets for the business platform.
- Provide guidance, counsel and direction to management that will build long term value by identifying, developing and implementing strategic environmental initiatives that establish external competitive advantages.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Perform supervisory activities, including employee safety, selection and development of employees, employee counseling and motivation and salary administration. Assist in the administration of the department budget and reporting the work performed within the department.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering, environmental sciences, political science, public policy or the physical sciences. An advanced degree in business, engineering or law is preferred.
- Ten years of experience, with a minimum of five years’ experience with environmental issues in a management or lead capacity.
- Advanced knowledge of environmental laws and regulations.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and issues concurrently and under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex information accurately and understandably in written and verbal form.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with government agencies, trade groups and other industries.
- Computer skills including competency with spreadsheets, word processors, presentation tools, etc. or a demonstrated ability to learn such skills.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com