Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
Do you enjoy creating exceptional results from challenging opportunities?
Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and personal accountability?
Integral Group is seeking a passionate, business-savvy, and sustainability-oriented engineers to establish and grow our practice in Sydney, Australia.
This is a position for someone who is excited by the opportunity to pioneer and secure Integral Group’s position in the local market and bring our vision and values to a new clientele.
You will bring a high degree of professional ethics and genuine passion for the company’s mission. You will set the cultural tone that cultivates and maintains a working environment where our principles of “Trust, Nurture, and Inspire” guide daily behaviours.
Working with our leadership team, you will develop and execute a strategic, multi-year business plan outlining the growth and trajectory of the Australia practice. You have a palpable desire to tackle design opportunities and challenges enthusiastically and pragmatically, to ensure quality is the cornerstone of every project delivery. Through your passion, conviction and commitment, you will establish Integral Group as the leader in deep green engineering and design in Australia and beyond.
Integral Group offers a competitive salary, performance-related bonus and comprehensive benefits.
- Works with Integral’s Management Team to control and coordinate business development, sales/marketing, team targets, team personnel, technical design and related activities
- Takes lead on obtaining new sustainability work and assisting with the development of other revenue streams
- Develops, establishes, and administers procedures and systems pertaining to team management matters
- Prepares work load, sales forecasts and team resources/schedule for administrative and managerial functions
- Takes lead on implementing a system and developing a structure to improve on the process of project delivery as well as ensuring relevant resources, delivery tools and documentation are kept up to date, organized and accessible in order to increase the revenue and profitability of the team
- Manages in-house development and/or regular updates of Green Star project delivery tools such as project delivery structure and checklists, credit documentation tools, etc.
- Manages in-house development of internal expertise of the Sustainability team for additional services such as detailed design of green design elements, IDP and charrette facilitation, etc.
- Manages in-house development and maintenance of Sustainability/Green/Green Star resources for use by all teams providing Integral’s core services
- Upholds and maintains Integral Group design standards and will be responsible for specifications, documentation, standardization, quality assurance, cost and value analysis and the broader aspects of Sustainability
- Is fully responsible and accountable for their design team
- Reviews staffing regularly and distributes tasks effectively and consistent with staff skill sets
- Works with Human Resources and makes recommendations for staff hiring, terminations, and issues related to performance discipline
- Serves as a principal liaison for selected clients and/or projects
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Planning project resources, maintaining schedules and budget
- Project Management Experience
- Mentoring and sharing work experience knowledge for the benefit of other employees and the office
- Collaboration in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Active listening skills and the ability to resolve conflict within teams and client
- Developing master and project specifications
- Superior interpersonal skills with clients and staff
- Surveying and evaluating existing conditions
- Construction administration
- Upholds, lives, and delivers the core values of the company
- Other tasks as needed to ensure timely and thorough support to our clients
- 3+ years management and leadership experience in a MEP consulting environment
- 10+ years years of experience in administering Green Star certification services and providing ESD / Sustainability Design and/or PM experience in a MEP consulting firm
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS Mechanical or Electrical, Environmental Engineering or equivalent degree is an asset
- Green Star Accredited Professional
- Practical knowledge of building design, HVAC systems, and building codes
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Team management skills
- Green Star Accredited Professional
- Experience with BIM (especially Revit)
- Proficient in using the latest version of Building Codes, ASHRAE Standards, MNECB, and latest sustainable tools and guidelines
- Sustainable design experience
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com