When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Oversee multiple health, safety, and environmental programs for manufacturing, laboratory, maintenance and warehouse employees. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, EHS corporate initiatives, and site requirements for multiple ongoing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
What will you do?
- Implement, improve, and manage effective environmental, health and safety procedures and practices to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses while ensuring compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Coordinate training and act as site subject matter expert for questions about, and compliance with, all assigned EHS programs.
- Coordinate the identification and evaluation of conditions in the work environment leading to the elimination of unsafe conditions and acts.
- Manage Environmental Health and Safety Department vendors to ensure contractual compliance while working within a regulatory controlled environment.
- Lead or assist with investigations of environmental health and safety related events and incidents concerning any impacts on human health, safety, and/or the environment.
- Provide technical support to other Environment, Health, and Safety Department team members at the site and corporate level.
- Own and update EHS Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) assigned to this position. Also assists with reviewing and updating other EHS department SOPs.
- Will co-lead the Environmental Management System. Responsibilities include initial site certification, employee training, and all requirements for maintaining certification and recertification.
- Will prepare required safety and environmental reports (i.e. OSHA logs and ITA, Form R, Tier II, Hazardous Waste Biennial).
- Administer site’s Respiratory Protection Program including employee training and respirator fit-testing.
- Serve as back-up to EHS Manager for internal/external meetings and audits.
- Coordinate activities of the Emergency Response Team.
- Coordinate and conduct monthly safety team meetings and safety audits of the facility.
- Work with internal and external resources to develop and deliver OSHA related safety training for the workforce.
- Order EHS supplies as needed.
- Schedule physicals and maintain records for ERT, DOT and Manufacturing formulators.
- Be eager to learn and take on additional EHS Department responsibilities.
- Assist with the Hazardous Waste Program and supporting vendors/contractors. Serve as a back up to the EHS Waste Coordinator. May be required to schedule hazardous waste pickups and shipments. Recognize and properly addresses special disposal requirements for regulated wastes.
How will you get there?
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Occupational Safety and Health, or one related to Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Science, is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Occupational Safety and Environmental Health field required.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Excellent social interaction/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others and influence site employees at all levels of the organization to change behaviors to meet regulatory requirements and site/corporate EHS goals and objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Walks, stands and lifts small objects/ tools/ equipment for short periods of time. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment/clothing in typical work environments (indoors, outdoors) to conduct audits and assessments as necessary.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com