Ensures compliance with environmental rules and regulations applicable to multiple facilities located in Elkhart and Syracuse, Indiana. This includes local, state and federal requirements regarding air emissions, process water and storm water discharges, waste generation and disposal, spill response and reporting, hazardous material emergency response, storage tanks, and community right-to-know reporting. Leads site initiatives to implement the Polaris Environmental Policy and promotes cross-site consistency on facility environmental programs. This role is based out of Elkhart, Indiana or Syracuse, Indiana.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Environmental regulations, Polaris objectives, policies and procedures
- Implements requirements pertaining to environmental compliance, pollution prevention and resource efficiency.
- Ensures periodic monitoring / sampling of materials as required by environmental laws and permits (i.e. opacity monitoring, water discharge sampling, solid waste profile sampling, etc.).
- Prepares and submits required environmental permit applications and reports to the regulatory agencies.
- Maintains required environmental plans for the facility (SWPPP, SPCC, HW contingency, Waste Minimization, Pollution Prevention, ERP, Control Devices O & M plans, etc.).
- Oversees environmental inspections involving IDEM, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Reviews capital projects to assure compliance with environmental requirements and documents pollution prevention projects.
- Conducts employee training on environmental programs (e.g., waste handling, stormwater, spill prevention, emergency response, waste minimization, and pollution prevention).
- Provides technical assistance to plant personnel on environmental issues.
- Monitors local EHS regulatory developments and implements appropriate responsive programs
- Works with corporate staff to promote cross-site consistency regarding environmental issues, goals and management systems at all Polaris operating locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Must have great communication, record keeping, and organizational skills
- Must be able to read and understand environmental rules & regulations
- Must be able to conduct effective employee training programs
- Must be able to build relationships, exercise influence and lead change in order to meet EHS objectives
- Four-year college degree preferably with an environmental, biology or chemistry emphasis.
- 2-4+ years previous experience with environmental focus.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com