PBF Energy Inc. (NYSE:PBF), one of the largest independent refiners in North America, has an immediate need at Torrance Refinery Company located in Torrance, CA for a talented Environmental Wastewater Advisor.
Responsible for helping the refinery maintain compliance with local, state and federal environmental regulations; and, promoting continuous improvement in environmental performance. This includes compliance with monitoring, recordkeeping and reporting, with a focus on wastewater issues although familiarity and experience with air issues is a plus and knowledge of waste issues is desirable. This individual will work directly with operations and contractors within the refinery to ensure day-to-day compliance through rule compliance strategy and procedure development, compliance training, and monitoring of field activities.
Primary Job Functions:
- Serve as subject matter expert for assigned refinery local, state and federal environmental regulations relating to wastewater, and potentially some waste/air regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of evolving regulations and current regulatory / industry discussions and best practices with regard to assigned rules and programs.
- Ensure efficient and effective day to day compliance with assigned rules and programs, including preparation and submittal of periodic reports on behalf of the refinery.
- Serve as point of contact for appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Work collaboratively with the refinery Business Teams and other internal and external organizations
- Support operations and maintenance groups within the refinery to monitor compliance, drive continuous improvement, and identify and resolve issues.
- Present clear, concise and relevant data and recommendations to the Business Team organizations and refinery management.
- Provide appropriate environmental subject matter training to refinery personnel and contractors, through development of computer based modules or by face to face training.
- Participate in routine meetings as a member of the Environmental Department
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Science or Engineering (Environmental, Chemical, Civil preferred)
- Five or more years of experience in regulatory compliance; experience working within the Los Angeles County Sanitation District area is a plus
- Basic understanding of refinery operations and wastewater issues, and familiarity with refinery data collection systems, environmental procedures and reporting requirements is preferred
- Understanding of local, state and federal regulations relevant to refineries and the analytical skills to relate these to refinery operations
- Strong technical skills including ability to develop or validate tools and calculations used for compliance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with agency personnel as well as with various levels of employees and management
- Initiative to work with minimum oversight, and to work effectively in a team environment to lead compliance efforts
Please note – We thank all respondents for their interest in PBF Energy, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com