3M is seeking an Advanced Environmental Engineer for the Facilities and Services Group located in Austin, TX. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for this position will assist in the coordination and completion of site EHS compliance objectives, while using engineering/scientific concepts, procedures, standards, regulatory and industry awareness to identify and resolve EHS issues.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing leadership for Austin Center’s environmental program by assuring compliance with regulatory and 3M requirements through applicability determination and program development, preparation and submittal of written reports and fees, ensuring accuracy of written programs and plans, employee training and directing site air/waste/wastewater activities.
- Assisting with establishment and implementation of the site’s EHS Management Plan by ensuring EHS program alignment with 3M’s Global Environmental Management self-assessment (GEMSA), 3M’s Global Safety and Health Plan (GSHP) self-assessment and local regulatory requirements.
- Providing environmental expertise and oversight to Austin operations through involvement in hazard reviews, inspections, incident investigations, management of change, training and sitewide committees and teams.
- Acting as facility representative during local, state and federal agency inspections.
- Applying scientific, engineering principles and regulatory interpretation to drive EHS risk reduction efforts and compliance activities for continuous EHS improvement.
- Completing internal and external EHS compliance reports and analyze data to report trends.
- Tracking and documenting environmental permit applicability and compliance through use of 3M’s CAMMS system.
- Leads/participates in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt projects related to EHS improvement processes.
- Supporting site-wide EHS programs, systems, and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined experience in Environmental Engineering and/or Environmental Science in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience with Texas and federal EHS regulations (e.g, OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, etc.)
- Experience in implementing environmental programs (e.g. waste minimization and pollution prevention, air/waste/wastewater compliance, emergency response, management of change)
- Knowledge of Environmental Regulations and Requirements (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act/RCRA, Clean Air Act/Title V, Clean Water Act/NPDES, Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act/EPCRA, etc.)
- Experience with auditing environmental programs and performing workplace inspections
- Self-directed, detail oriented, good interpersonal, communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, and summarize recommendations
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com