This position is located in Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, Director of Operational Logistics, Office of Base Operations, Base Kodiak, Kodiak, Alaska.
Learn more about this agency
In this position, you will serve as the Water/Wastewater/Stormwater Program Manager within the Environmental Management Division, Facilities Engineering Department, Base Kodiak. Work involves the development and implementation of an assigned area of the Base Kodiak environmental program, providing program management technical advice, and supporting and championing the installation’s efforts to support and foster the intent and spirit of the Commandant’s Environmental Stewardship Challenge and the Base Kodiak Environmental Policy Statement.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Controlling and managing such programs and issues as drinking water, waste water, stormwater, watershed management; Clean Air Act Air Emissions, radon, ozone depleting substances/greenhouse gases; project and operational environmental planning (NEPA); historic and cultural resources; natural resources management and landscaping practices; wetlands, flood plains, coastal zone management.
- Employing and implementing strategies, techniques, and practices to ensure environmental requirements and concerns are continually incorporated in all operational decisions and evolutions.
- Briefing key management officials on program status, issues and other areas of concern, assisting in identifying the consequences and impacts of current and/or planned actions on environmental protection policies and standards.
- Providing program quality assurance/periodic and reoccurring pollution surveys to ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Developing and implementing policy and procedural documents to comply with current and new/changing environmental regulations.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com