The California Energy Commission’s Appliance Office is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual who is interested in helping Californians continue to have energy choices that are affordable, reliable, and environmentally acceptable. If you are looking to work for an organization that encourages creativity and supports a cooperative work environment, look no further.
Be a part of a team who is key to California’s strategy to address climate change. If you have excellent interpersonal, organizational, as well as excellent written and oral presentation skills, we encourage you to apply.
The Commission is a diverse, family-friendly organization. We are conveniently located at 1516 9th Street.
- As Certification Program Manager with data certification submittals – process and analyze, including for accuracy, manufacturer certifications for compliance with Title 20 regulations. As a team member, respond to certification applications from manufacturers and third party certifiers. Review test reports for accuracy and compliance with regulations. Recommend and process requests to archive or delete data.
- As a team member, identify and analyze data submitted into the Appliance Efficiency Database, identify errors, bugs, and issues, and propose solutions to address these issues. Assist the Energy Commission Specialist III in identifying improvements to database processes and procedures to improve usability of the database and to increase database automation.
- Compile and maintain a list of regulated retailers, trade associations, professional associations, etc. Respond to questions from retailers and manufacturers regarding compliance with the Appliance Efficiency Regulations. As a team member, identify outreach opportunities to improve compliance with the appliance standards.
- Analyze work materials and develop recommendations for program managers and Energy Commission policy makers. Provide technical assistance on a wide range of activities and issues supporting the development and implementation of appliance efficiency standards.
- As a team member, review test reports and help the Enforcement Unit determine noncompliance with the Appliance Efficiency Standards.
- Provide contract support and input in the solicitation development and evaluation of upcoming technical support and/or database programming contracts. Review contract deliverables and invoices.
- Perform other duties as required consistent with the specifications of this classification
The successful applicant should have:
- Ability to communicate effectively and be able to relay complicated information in a simple, consumer-friendly manner
- Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Ability to work with other offices within the Division and other Divisions within the Commission on interdisciplinary projects
- Ability to effectively write and edit technical program information
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com