- Leads and/or conducts species-based wildlife and fish studies (Generally requires staff certified and often permitted to conduct surveys for target species)
- Leads and/or conducts species-based plant studies
- Leads and/or conducts environmental compliance monitoring for construction projects, and monitoring supervision (may include biological and other resources), inclusive of oversight and reporting activities
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate extensive experience in conducting biological analyses/fieldwork in support of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), federal Endangered Species Act (ESA), California ESA, and other applicable regulations.
- Candidate must work independently; complete field assessments and prepare reports and permits for projects in multiple market sectors.
- Candidate conducts threatened and endangered species surveys and habitat assessments.
Candidate effects federal and California ESA compliance by developing assessments and completing consultation for:o ESA Section 7 Federal actions effecting listed species
- ESA Section 10 Private actions effecting listed species
- CDFG Code Section 2080.1 and Section 2081 of the California Fish and Game Code
- NEPA and CEQA compliance
- Bio-centric projects
- Principal Investigator Biological Resources for NEPA and CEQA compliance
- Biological Assessments, Biological Evaluations, Biological Technical Memoranda
- Other document preparation as needed
- BS or MS in a scientific discipline (e.g. biology, environmental science, botany)
- At least 15 years’ experience in environmental analysis and studies is required
- Must have familiarity with permitting agency requirements for biological resources-related entitlements
- Excellent technical writing, verbal communication skills, and computer literacy is required
- Familiarity with flora and fauna of California required
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com