Based in Boise, ID as an Environmental Task Lead/Project Manager for Jacobs’ Buildings, Infrastructure & Advanced Facilities Line of Business you will be performing and leading environmental planning, analysis, and permitting technical studies, and preparation of Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, or Environmental Impact Statements in accordance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). This includes analysis of social, economic and natural resource data to be used in developing and analyzing alternatives under NEPA and related federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations. You will have the responsibility to develop and manage projects and have a successful track record of client account management and new project pursuits. Projects and pursuits will cover the transportation and water resources markets.
The successful candidate must be able to work closely with a diverse team to provide proactive and collaborative solutions for various public and private sector clients, and would leverage Jacobs’ team of project managers, planners, biologists, and environmental scientists in the pursuit and delivery of opportunities in the Pacific Northwest, with a focus on Idaho, eastern Washington, eastern Oregon, Montana and the Dakotas.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team of multidisciplinary professionals
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload to meet project deadlines
- Exceptional technical writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to visually prepare graphical displays to support technical documentation and communicate technical data to the public or other team members
- Working knowledge of NEPA and related federal and state requirements as applicable to transportation projects or other related NEPA experience
- Working knowledge of data repositories and ability to collect desktop data for NEPA analyses with minimal oversight
- Ability to review and interpret planning studies and/or preliminary design plan sets or concepts
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high client satisfaction and garner client commendations
- Environmental planning for implementation of multimodal transportation projects including roadway, transit and active transportation projects
- Strong experience desired in Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, Adobe creative suite and other visual graphic software
- Bachelor's degree in environmental planning, urban planning, policy, biology, environmental science, or related scientific field is required
- 15 or more years of environmental consulting or agency experience is required
- 5 or more years of project management or task lead experience on Federal NEPA projects required
- Experience managing fixed price or time and materials projects is required
- Demonstrated excellent client relationship skills preferred
- Experience with state and federal regulators preferred
- Experience working with Department of the Interior, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, or similar Federal Departments and Agencies preferred
- Experience working with Washington Department of Transportation, Oregon Department of Transportation, Idaho Transportation Department, Federal Highways Administration is preferred
- Master’s Degree in related field is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com