Assistant, Investor Network
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Assistant, Investor Network plays a key administrative support role to the Program Director in leading the team and managing the CA office. We are looking for candidates with strong organization skills, communication skills, and an eye to detail. This full-time position is based in San Francisco, CA, and reports to a Senior Program Director, Investor Network and California Office.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and Support Investor Network Member Activities and Investor Team Staff
- Assist the Director and Investor Network Program staff with coordination of investor outreach, events and communications, specifically focusing on logistics for various in-person and virtual meetings and conference calls throughout the year and meeting follow-up communications.
- Assist with planning and coordination for Ceres annual conference and Investor Program Events.
- Provide support through research, writing and organizing, emails and telephone calls, to investors who are seeking information about Ceres Investor Network programs and activities.
- Assist the Investor Program staff with researching and writing memos on various topics, and preparing PowerPoint presentations and materials for meetings and events.
- Provide logistical, materials and tracking assistance in Investor Network recruitment and member engagement efforts.
- Support the Senior Director in coordination and organization of the Investor Network team activities, weekly team meetings, and other internal meetings; including developing agendas, taking meeting minutes.
- Assist the Investor Network team on campaign activities such as drafting letters to investors and enlisting investor support for various initiatives
- Track Ceres Investor Network membership and invoicing.
- Develop content and draft weekly Investor Network newsletter; assist in developing and writing content for the Ceres website.
- Serve as the team’s database point person, including database support to team members and some data entry.
- CA Office Support
- Assist with running the CA office including setting up space for new staff, ordering office supplies, and serving as receptionist when needed.
- Calls, preparing materials, taking minutes, and following up on action items with California Team.
- Coordinate special projects as necessary.
- Senior Program Director Support
- Provide administrative support including processing Visa statements and reimbursements, scheduling meetings and travel, coordinating calls, answering correspondence and assisting with meeting preparation and follow up.
- Minimum of one year of relevant work experience and bachelor degree required.
- Knowledge or experience with energy, climate change or sustainability issues – understanding of the role of business, the investment community, or NGOs, a plus.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative and motivation, and a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience as an assistant to a senior executive, a plus.
- Successful record of organizing and advancing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent research capabilities.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed writing skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.