Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres is looking for an innovative, detail-oriented person to help advance our work and market the organization on the digital stage. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic organization and put your digital and analytic skills to good use to help promote and communicate our work to tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges like climate change, water scarcity and human right abuses. The Website Associate will join the Communications and Marketing team to help Ceres build and maintain its suite of websites, manage online distribution and marketing platforms and inform web and digital strategy decisions with curated data analysis.
The website associate will work across the organization to effectively communicate our work and impact across various issues and sectors, build our online presence and increase brand recognition, and attract new interest and support for our mission via the Ceres website. This is a full-time position, based in our Boston office and will report to the Digital Director of Communications and Marketing.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overall maintenance of the Ceres websites (posting new content and job announcements, building new landing pages, leading communication with web developers and consultants on custom projects and managing domain configuration or other technical and administrative needs)
- Working with programs and teams to update key website content that will best represent and market their programs, networks and impacts to an online audience
- Owning branding guidelines to ensure consistency on Ceres website and digital marketing materials
- Providing support for Ceres major events and campaigns by building and maintaining event websites, mobile apps and registration systems, and supporting the events team on site
- Using Google Analytics to monitor and analyze key metrics and work with programs, teams and the Digital Director to make strategic recommendations based on your analysis
- Providing regular website statistics reports on online engagement to the digital communications and Ceres leadership teams
- Use Google Adwords to market Ceres website, events, projects and reports. Manage Ceres Google Adwords program to drive high quality traffic to the Ceres website.
- Manage external online news posts, including posting original Ceres content on Forbes, Huffington Post, National Geographic, 3BL and other online distribution platforms
- Other duties, some administrative, as assigned by the Digital Director and Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
- Associate or Bachelor degree, preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience, required.
- Experience using a content management systems, such as Plone, Wordpress, or Drupal, etc.
- Drupal highly desired, but not necessary
- Prior experience managing, updating and maintaining websites, required
- Working knowledge of HTML, required
- Demonstrated interested in environmental or sustainability issues, preferred
- Prior office experience, preferred
- Prior experience with data analysis platforms, like Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, or AddThis, preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to translate highly technical things to a non-technical staff
- Ability to evaluate workload and prioritize projects
- Able to manage multiple tasks at the same time, and shift quickly from one to the next
- Able to work well independently and as a team member
- Comfortable working with different personalities
- Desire to work in a mission-driven / nonprofit environment
- Marketing/Branding experience a plus
- Strong sense of design and knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, preferred
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.