Here's What You'll Do:
As an Environmental Engineer with Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you'll be involved with civil and environmental engineering projects and provide client-focused customer service in the manufacturing, energy, mining, and real-estate markets. You'll perform engineering tasks such as grading, excavation, and fill volume calculations, stormwater management system design, remediation system design, compliance audits, and environmental site assessments. This position will include field work consisting of environmental monitoring/sampling of soil, groundwater, and stormwater. You'll interact with clients, contractors, and local government officials to impact the entire project from conceptual and design phases through the regulatory review process, bidding, and construction. Travel may be required.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 2-4 years’ professional engineering or related experience;
• B.S. or M.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering or a related field;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Here’s What We’d Like To See:
• E.I.T. or F.E. certification;
• Environmental Engineering experience;
• Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil 3D, ArcGIS, and/or HEC-RAS or other computer modeling software;
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) is preferred;
• HAZWOPER training is a plus;
• Solid organizational and time management skills;
• Experience with due diligence, compliance and permitting, site assessments (Phase I and II), and subsurface investigations;
• Experience with remedial design, specifications, cost estimating, and construction/remediation oversight;
• Ability to oversee subcontractors for the installation of soil borings and groundwater monitoring wells;
• Experience collecting environmental samples (soil, groundwater, sediment, and air) for analytical testing, review laboratory analytical reports, and prepare field summary reports.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com