A salaried employee of the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF), the Regional Director (RD I) is responsible for volunteer recruitment and communication, organizing and servicing all NWTF committees and fundraising events/activities within the assigned region. The RD I reports to the Director of Field Operations (DFO) of their Field Management Area.
- Is responsible for maintaining and growing a diverse portfolio of fundraising activities in the region including, but not limited to, one annual Hunting Heritage Banquet per chapter, ancillary fundraising events, and Upper Level membership commitments to $25,000.
- Actively researches, identifies, and recruits new volunteers for NWTF.
- Is responsible for maintaining and solidifying, through volunteer recruitment and personal leadership, all existing NWTF Local Chapters and fundraising events in the region.
- Is responsible for developing and establishing, through volunteer recruitment and personal leadership, new NWTF Local Chapters and fundraising events in the region.
- Is responsible to their respective DFO and the Sr. Vice President of Field Operations for their goals and objectives including, but not limited to, annual budgeted fundraising and controllable expense levels.
- Ensures compliance with NWTF established operating and reporting procedures for activities within their region and their personal scope of business.
- Is responsible for maintaining accurate volunteer and chapter contact information in NWTF data base.
- Communicates with their DFO, National Headquarters staff, Regional NWTF Conservation staff, Local Chapter volunteers and leaders, and State Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- Works with State Chapter President, state agencies, and other NWTF staff to develop a strong State Chapter and State Super Fund to ensure effective partnerships for NWTF mission delivery within the state(s).
- Acts as a representative of the company to promote NWTF, its mission, and initiatives to NWTF members, within local communities, to local media, and other organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by their DFO.
- Complete and submit all required documents, expenses, and reports in a timely manner.
- Complete and submit evaluations within 5 days of event.
- Banquets final report and receipt of funds must be submitted and postmarked within 30 days of event.
- Produce Year over Year growth for banquet revenue, regular and adult membership, recruitment, etc.
- Produce a minimum of $3,000.00 net convention donations.
- Secure, safeguard and maintain NWTF equipment and property including inventory. Includes performing an annual inventory with Supervisor and/or designee.
- Ensure timely and professional communication with Volunteers, Members, Prospects, Peers, Supervisors, and Headquarters personnel.
- Ensure to project and maintain professional behavior and appearance.
- Effective presentation, sales, and recruitment skills
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills
- Professionalism, diplomacy, and tact to display NWTF, its mission, and its initiatives in a positive manner
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time effectively, and work unsupervised from a remote location
- Demonstrate and maintain a high level of integrity and ethics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Xcel, and Word.
- Valid driver's license
- Reliable vehicle and ability to establish a home office
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Reports to the Director of Field Operations of their Field Management Area.
- Maintains close working relationship with Headquarters and other NWTF Field staff.
- Maintains close working relationships with local and state volunteers and agency staff.
Work Environment/Physical Activity
- Work involves extensive driving
- Subject to both inside and outside locations with variable temperature and weather conditions and may involve walking on uneven ground
- May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com