The Shell Polymers Monaca Site, will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene. As construction of the site progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.
The Environmental Engineer will implement regulatory and compliance programs with focus on water and waste media, Asset Management Systems (AMS) and Control Framework Manuals, Specifications, and Standards.
- Support development of water / waste compliance programs.
- Develop QA/QC program for water / waste sampling and reporting of these data
- Work directly with operations and maintenance teams to assure sampling of NPDES outfalls as required in permit and waste is stored, characterized and disposed of properly per regulations.
- Develop / provided training materials to support environmental programs.
- Prepare Discharge Monitoring Reports for submittal to agency.
- Prepare various Waste Reports for submittal to agencies including PADEP and EPA.
- Responsible for information management and record keeping associated with water and waste programs.
- Investigate and determine corrective actions for any exceedances or violations.
- Support operations in any internal sampling programs to maintain compliance of permits.
- Support renewal of NPDES permit.
- Obtain and report water usage to PADEP.
- Assure laboratory and other discharges are compliant with Sanitary Sewer discharge requirements and approvals.
- Manage stormwater compliance, inspection, record keeping and reporting program
- Support Shell’s HSSE & SP Control Framework manual documentation and compliance.
- Provide support and data for internal Performance Monitoring and Reporting.
- Assist in development of Asset Management System documentation for environmental programs.
- Provide support for internal and external audits and inspections
Reports to the Environmental Manager. Works with internal stakeholders and teams. Must be self-starter and self-motivator. Must be a team player. Engages stakeholders constructively and generates solutions to satisfy multiple expectations. Exhibits composure, adaptability and self-awareness in high stress situations. Develops and maintains effective, open and honest relationships internally and externally. Works with Commissioning and Start-up team and Operations.